Libya: this really worth ready
Today is a sad day for Libya, Arabs and Africa. The last time the West gave guns to Africans to fight their brothers, hundreds of years of slavery, colonisation and land theft followed. If Gaddafi falls it’s unlikely the People of Libya will be able to unite, take stock & somehow evade the grasps of The Bankers & the attentions of The Global Mega-Corporations. NATO (Naked Aggression Terrorist Organisation) has nearly succeeded in what will be the recolonisation of Libya which will push Libya into many years of western dependency and civil war. The NATO backed ”rebels” have already promised the spoils of war on Libya to the West, and no doubt the West will plunder the rest.
1) Nato has ended Libya’s offer to other African countries to trade, exchange & barter Libya’s gas & oil in exchange for agricultural produce, raw materials & especially the ideas & proposals for an African GOLD backed currency, which would therefore undermine existing notions of the ”petro-dollar” and demand for the U$D as the Global Reserve Currency
2) NATO will secure Libya’s Water resources, which will be available for export to Tunisia & Egypt etc.
3) NATO will sign up Libya to the WTO / IMF / World Bank – Nexus as currently Libya has next to no national debt. Libya’s 2010 notional debt was less $6.4 Billion & 9% of GDP at a per capita debt of ~$970/person – one of THE lowest levels in the world.
4) NATO will sign up Libya to that Elitist Club of Private Central Bankers, the BIS as Libya currently has a State Owned Central Bank. One of the first acts of ”the rebels” was to establish A New (Private) Central Bank of Libya”.
5) Libya has a very small population relative to its size (~6.5M) & thus seems ripe for de facto take over in the unconscionably greedy eyes of The Empire & the Global Oligarchs, who with the help, blood & lives of the soon to be ”Quisling Rebels”, seek to turn Libya into yet another Imperial Fiefdom
6) The Western Colonisation and control of Libya’s natural resources will return with Africans in general & Libyans in particular, will probably be made to pay a very high price for Gaddafi’s attempts to make Libya a ”truly independent African country” & thus we can see how & why such an outrageous and nauseating spectacle is unfolding in Libya.
In Libya when the shooting stops and the celebrations are over, the people of Libya will wake up and realise the huge mistake they have made in supporting the ”rebels” and NATO. We are all well aware of the previous European acquisition and development of regions and territories which was based on a system of dominance and dependence. A ”gunboat diplomacy” was used, whereby the stronger power subjected the weaker power to be subservient. This exertion of power imposed influence and control on colonised region, which inevitably caused their economies to become irreversibly distorted to such an extent, that its land and labour resources had to realign. Colonies were left abused and mainly economically and socially dependant on the western world, with its people left without the freedom of movement and economic activity which they once had.
Even though it is clear the West is blatantly depleting and abusing Libya, Libyans and it’s natural resources, they will continue to justify their destructive intervention to be helping Libya toward social, economic and industrial development and associated freedoms. As we saw in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, every move or policy to get rid of Gaddafi is to further Western interests in Libya. As a result of the rape of Libya, international markets and trade flows will be enhanced, maintained and secured, to maintain the power and strength of the West – freedom of movement, economic activity and control of natural resources; an economic weapon against global recession.
Any justification for Western intervention, dominance and rule in Libya are just excuses to make tactical moves in the global power struggle to increase strength and status. To avoid the implications of being exploitative, unremorseful and greedy, the West has justified its position under the guise of freedom and democracy when it has instead begun to again secure geographical locations and natural resources of Libya and Africa for it’s own advantage.